BUY LESS. BUY BETTER.
Updated: May 24, 2020
Know what to buy. In average, we wear 20% of our wardrobe season after season. Yet we feel that we have nothing to wear when we have to get ready for work in the morning. Building a smart wardrobe can help you to dress more efficiently while saving time and money.
How to build a smart wardrobe in 5 easy steps?
1. Go for quality rather than quantity. Opt for pieces of clothing that will survive the test of time in terms of quality and style. Look at the quality of the fabric: it should feel substantial and smooth. Prefer natural fabrics like wool, cotton, linen and silk but make sure to check the density of the fibers. Natural fabrics can also be of poor quality. Also, check the finishing of the seams: they should feel solid and reinforced from the inside-out. These two quick and easy quality checks will help you choose better by investing in durable pieces that you will enjoy for many years.
2. Buy less and create multiple outfits with a few key basics. Then you can introduce new seasonal items to your wardrobe to mix and match with the separates that you already own. The magic formula is simple: choose a color theme with three main colors combined with neutral colors per season and stick to it. This will allow you to coordinate all your separates together and make the most out of your wardrobe by creating a wide variety of outfits.
3. Choose the right clothing for your body shape. Understand what type of clothing will flatter the most your body shape and combining the right clothing pieces together can elongate your silhouette.
4. Know your colors: Depending on your skin tone, hair and eyes color, you will look fabulous in either cold or warm colors or both, if you’re neutral. Building your wardrobe around your favorite three colors and neutrals will help you create and endless choice of business attires from business formal to business casual.
5. Let technology be your helping hand. There are many closet organizer apps available today like Stylebook, Smart closet, ClosetSpace or Cladwellapp that will make every morning easier for you. The time has come to digitalize your wardrobe Ladies!
Don’t chase trends, create your own style.
A more conservative workplace is not the place to make bold fashion statements but you can definitely express your personality through your personal style by introducing seasonable items in a subtle way. Your outfit can be an asset to help you design the career you desire as clothes have the power to influence the way we think, feel and how people perceive us. A great attire can boost your self-confidence.
Rather than trying to be on trend create your own style and visual signature by buying less, of lasting quality and knowing what to buy to feel beautiful and confident.
Copyright: I spent my time and energy to create original and valuable content. If this article inspired you to write your own article after making some changes, content theft violates people's rights and discourages the creation of new web content. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to @innaestyle and www.innaestyle.com